So you log into Skype every time your PC starts and that darn HOME window appears too. All you want is your contacts list but there’s that window. I was wondering how to stop it and the options Skype makes available doesn’t seem to have a way to turn it off. Well the guy in this this blog entry described just how to do and it works well. I am repeating it here only for simplicy sake:
1. Close Skype
2. Go to c:\users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\roaming\skype\shared_dynco
3. Open file dc.db in notepad,delete its content, save and close
4. In dc.db file properties set it up to read-only and confirm
5. Return a folder back and go to shared_httpfe
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 in file queue.db
Don’t forget, make these empty files read-only.